Thursday, January 29, 2009

Contacting Bluegrass Bands

Granted, I am only moderately computer literate (much more than I am mechanically disinclined), but even though I have begun "blogging", I have resisted the whole "MySpace" and "Facebook" route. Just seems like too much of a commitment. However, I had difficulty contacting an up-and-coming band regarding a possible appearance at our Bluegrass Festival. No web site. No booking artist. No phone number. Just a "Myspace" page. OK, I figured I would just email them from there. Not so fast, partner. Can't do that unless you "join". Reluctantly, I entered the brotherhood, and was able to send a message to the band. Hope it works. Now don't start expecting me to join your circle or whatever...hoping the band will call me on the telephone (granted, that is so outdated) and I will never need to venture into the realm of people I don't know suddenly calling themselves my "friends", like this Anderson character. With that said, I do know that Jen is able to send out updates and baby photos very efficiently through her "facebook" page, so I guess it is not beyond comprehension that you may one day find us on a "Strawberry Park Campers" social web gathering. Just please don't try and text me. PS If anyone knows a member of "The Boston Boys", ask them to give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment