Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy President's Day


There are some who continue to insist that our true first president was Samuel Huntington from right next door in Norwich, as it gets into the whole articles of confederation issue. Perhaps you have the holiday off from work today...the RV and Camping Shows in Springfield and Suffern continue today, and were quite busy over the weekend. Calling for a little snow tonight, but after last week's forecasting debacle, most are downplaying the accumulation predictions, which probably means we will get buried. Many folks calling about the Strawberry Park festivals today, as there was a bluegrass event in Mass this weekend (Joe Val Festival) and a Cajun/Zydeco event in RI (the Mardi Gras Ball). Just a quick reminder that tomorrow is Fat Tuesday, so why not zip on down to NOLA? High school wrestling action engulfed my weekend, but the big news is that during a state meeting on Sunday, I received a call from Brock letting me know that he did poopy on the potty. Perhaps Reed will want to become toilet trained earlier after watching Brock, because it appears Brock was less inspired by mommy & daddy using the potty than he was by Harvey and Cooper using the woods. Thanks to those who voted on the movie poll...congrats to The Notebook, edging out Dirty Dancing and The Pricess Bride, which is, in the words of Vezzini "Inconceivable". Hope you are enjoying the Olympics. I must admit that I am looking forward to baseball season, as I am not a big NBA fan, and with UConn men struggling, that really only leaves the lady Huskies these days. I guess there were big parties yesterday for the Daytona 500. I dunno, I struggle with that for multiple reasons. How can your biggest event be the first race of the season? While I am sure he is a good guy, I never heard of the winner until today. Did anyone have him in their office pool (if there are office pools for such things)? Also, maybe I am being nitpicky, but having to delay the race for hours to fix potholes would be like delaying the Super Bowl to have Carl Spangler (AKA Bill Murray) come out and blast the field because of a gopher infestation. I realize it has been cold down south, but I didn't know they were suffering from frost heaves. It had better warm up soon for pitchers and catchers, and especially for those fans arriving March 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment