Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rhode Island RV & Camping Show

This coming weekend features the RI RV Show in Providence on Fri, Sat & Sun. Hopefully the weather will cooperate--looks like the weekend will be OK, but Thur/Fri could be a little messy. Speaking of RI, was driving up RT 2 toward Hartford for the state wrestling tourney, and was behind a car in the left lane with RI plates. Don't get me wrong, I know plenty of fine folks from little Rhody (including my lovely wife), but all I could think about was designing a bumper sticker for my front bumper, printed in reverse like "ECNALUMBA" that reads "Move over...you're not in RI anymore...the left lane is for PASSING". I know, I am making a generalization, but it is a fairly accurate one. Probably wouldn't work, since I don't think they use their rear-view mirrors. Just so you can plan ahead for blog withdrawal, there probably won't be many (any?) posts next week as we are heading down to FLA to visit some of our Strawberry Park camper friends and take the boys to a spring training game, a day at Sea World, maybe see Mickey & Donald and perhaps on one of those swamp boats in the Everglades. I'm thinking we might be trying to fit too much into our stay, but when your primary job is creating a busy, daily activity schedule...sometimes you try to do a little too much with some time off. Going to try and send out our first batch email either today or Wednesday. If all works well, I'll add the sign up form to the main webpage. For now, there were a few folks who signed up from the blog link a couple of weeks ago. Thanks!

1 comment: