Friday, March 20, 2009

Strawberry Park welcomes Vernal Equinox

Spring officially arrived this morning, and what is therefore always a great day is made even better by the fact that the weather is decent...as well as today being Day 2 of March Madness. Sorry that there was no blog yesterday, as I was in Springfield, MA at the Northeast Campground Conference. Usually just an attendee, but this year I was asked to do a presentation on campground activity programs. I was worried about filling the 2 hour block...but before you knew it, I had been babbling on for over 90 minutes. I do hope it was beneficial for those who attended. Luckily, I was able to listen to the UConn nail-biter on the drive home. While there were no major upsets, and only a few dramatic finishes on the first day of the tourney, a few teams were given a scare by the underdogs. Hoping for at least a few big surprises today. Also, updating the blog survey today...what is your favorite season? Something tells me that campers won't be voting for winter. Speaking of which...getting a lot of calls and emails about the water. Our goal is always April 1, and it looks good for this year. Glenn and the crew usually try to activate on a Monday, allowing a couple of days to discover winter breaks, which are fairly common...with all systems good to go by Friday, April 3. We will let you know if things change in either direction.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Spring! I can almost smell the camp fire! Can't wait to get back to Strawberry Park. This has been a hard winter.

    ReplyDelete